Tips from Kate Norton
Director of Fun, Sheraton Vistana Villages
|Kate Norton, Director of Fun
When Kate Norton’s not organizing all the exciting activities at this popular villa resort, she enjoys getting to plan events for special holidays and helping Owners and guests arrange wedding and vow renewal ceremonies. As Director of Fun, Kate suggests soaking in the fun of Orlando from the comfort of the resort. “Don’t spend all your precious vacation time running around the theme parks tiring yourself out. Stay on property a few days and relax around our pool decks, join in some activities and enjoy your time as a family,” she says.
The next time you come to Sheraton Vistana Villages look for these top 5 activities as recommended by Kate.
Top 5 Activities at Sheraton Vistana Villages
- Kids Night Out / Parents Night Off – Drop the little ones off with the FUN Team for three hours of entertainment including games, arts and crafts, and movies. Parents can use that time to relax at one of our on-site bars and enjoy some well deserved time together knowing their children will be well taken care of.
- Movie Night – Join us around (or in) the pool as we watch a popular, family friendly flick on the big screen around the pool deck. This is a great time for your family to gather together for a movie and enjoy a swim at the same time.
- #SVVFUN Family Party – This is one of our newest additions. We host a party at night and invite parents to post to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pictures of their families having a great time on vacation. At the end of the event, we release paper sky lanterns, which lights up the Florida night.
- Swamp Saturdays – Get up close with live animals from Gatorland during this seasonal activity. A representative from this unique Florida attraction hosts an educational show on property at the resort. You’ll also get the opportunity to take your picture with a real gator.
- Florida Wine Experience – Sample five local fruit varietals from a St. Petersburg winery at this tasting event. Guests get to try out different flavors for only $5 each.
Also watch Kate and the fun team demonstrate how to make a tie-dye t-shirt. Look for these and other events in your weekly activity guide you receive at check-in. For more information, you can contact the Main Activity Center at 407 238 5000 x5503.